Monday, January 25, 2016

How To Char-Grill The Perfect New York Strip Steak

I won't eat at a steakhouse. Bold words coming from a red-blooded American carnivore, I know. I won't do it. Take me to a steakhouse and I'm ordering the burger.

In the past when I've ordered steaks it killed my dining experience. I end up sitting and comparing the restaurant steak to my own, I start thinking about what that piece of meat would have cost at Land And Sea, (my amazing local meat market), and I regret paying for something I would have had more fun grilling at home. 

The main key to grilling a great steak at home? Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances, ever, ever, shut the lid of the grill. Here's a quick step-by-step guide on how to cook one of America's simplest, yet most amazing main dishes, The New York Strip. 






Prep Time: 1 Minute 
Marinade Time: 30 minutes with salt. 
Cook Time: Varies - between 12 and 18 minutes. 

Ingredients: 
New York Strip Steak 
Kosher or Sea Salt
Canola Grill Spray 











Step 1 - Place steaks on a wood cutting board or plate and add salt. 

Step 2 - Allow steaks to sit roughly 30 minutes, or until salt has liquefied and soaked into the meat. We want the steaks to get close to room temperature before cooking. 

Step 3 - Light grill and heat. Normally I close the lid and turn mine on high for around 5 minutes, then scrape grate with a Grill Daddy or grill brush. 

Step 4 - Lightly spray grates with Grill Spray or Canola Oil. 

Step 5 - Set steaks on grate over flame. 

Step 6 - Allow steaks to char on one side, roughly 4 minutes.

Step 7 - Flip steaks and char opposite side. 

Step 8 - Check meat temperature. Using chart below - decide if steak is ready. 

Step 9 - Let steak rest 5 minutes!

Step 10 - Eat! You did that! 


In the Tampa area- we recommend Land and Sea Market for all of your meat needs! 




For more recipes check www.BBQChris,com . Most of the ingredients I use are linked on the right side of the page. If you are looking to book ANY travel, from rental cars, to hotels, to airfar, check www.RateRhino.com. Guaranteed to beat Expedia, Priceline, etc. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment